Wadjemup (Rottnest Island) Aboriginal Tour
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Rottnest Island Visitor Centre, Rottnest Island, Western Australia
- Product code: WAT01
This surprising 60min walking tour is guaranteed to heighten your appreciation of ‘Wadjemup’, the local Aboriginal name for Rottnest Island. From a unique Aboriginal perspective, your Noongar guide explores the Island’s pre-eminent significance to Noongar People prior to its notorious recent past life as the Rottnest Island Aboriginal Establishment. Beginning with a traditional Aboriginal sand ceremony at the first settlement, your walk also includes a Dreamtime story, traditional song and Noongar language.
Please wear a hat, water, umbrella (if required) and sunscreen. BYO water bottle.
Where to meet your guide:
At the Rottnest Island Visitor Centre on grass, Rottnest Island.
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN BOOKING YOUR PUBLIC (WADJEMUP) TOUR WITH US:
- Ferry transfers are not included in your booking and will need to be purchased separately.
- No third party bookings.
- Your confirmation + payment receipt will be sent through by our team, once reviewed and accepted. Allow 5 business days for your online booking submission to be processed.
- Minimums apply, note that this tour will operate with minimum 10 persons+.
- You will be sent your confirmation + payment receipt through the online platform you booked through once reviewed and accepted by our team.
- All online bookings will only receive a digital payment receipt. If you require a tax invoice for your booking, please contact our bookings team via email firstname.lastname@example.org to manually process your booking and invoice. Note: If you proceed through the online booking portal and payment link you will not receive a tax invoice, only payment receipt.
Rate / booking information:
Not recommended for children under 12 years. Children 12+ charged at child rate.
Children 16+ will be charged at concession rate (please provide student concession card)